Friday, November 10, 2017

Transition // Created Here: the fashion issue


 Photo: Holly Bear Photography // Model: Laura Englehart // Clothing: Lunar Offerings


"Transition" was a fashion show held a couple weeks ago at the Picaroons Roundhouse, a beautiful brew-tique located on north side Fredericton. All of the proceeds were given to Women's Transition House and the show went without a hitch!

 Back in the Spring, Dee Wilkie, local textiles designer, said that she was going to have a fashion show in the Fall. I have to applaud her for her networking skills with talents of every kind. This event went so smoothly and stress free, and it was a sold out show at that! A very high level of professionalism went into organizing this event.

I showcased a preview of my line I am hoping to launch in April 2018, 4 looks put together of pieces that will be found in my permanent collection. Robes, harnesses, collars, tshirt dresses, maxi skirts, as well as my version of a bathing suit. I can not wait to share more but I think my teaser was nicely put together. I sent the models down the runway to The Wizard by Black Sabbath. A perfectly bad ass song for the 70s witch vibe I was laying down.

 Photo Courtesy of Jordan Profit // Clothing by Lunar Offerings

 
 I feel this was a very successful night of exposure for my brand. I also had 2 caftans I had made from Dee's silk walk in her runway show, and not only did one of them sell that night, but the other got such a glowing review from a local blogger! I couldn't help but screenshot the love. <3

 

 So this past June, I was asked by Marie-Helene Morell, creator of local artisan magazine Created Here, to participate in a photo shoot for the fashion themed fall issue. The shoot was held at Tin Can Beach in St.John. So my model Laura and I took a road trip to St. John to participate! I wanted to go for a gothic beach babe look, and the atmosphere worked so well with the fog.

 It was announced there that the fashion show (Transition) was also going to double up as the launch for the fashion issue of the local magazine! I can't gush enough about what an amazing collaboration this was. Also, it was an added bonus to see my caftan on the back cover of the magazine, which I didn't even know it was happening until I was meeting the photographer (Stephanie Lane) and she had a copy in her hands, it was a nice surprise to both of us!

The magazine features a wide array of local fashion designers and it just turned out so beautiful! So thankful I got to be a part of it. Copies should be available at Reads Newstand in Fredericton soon! There will be a little launch party and pop up shop at Exchange on Germain in St. John on November 16th, I highly recommend popping in if you are in the area! Heres a little peek at the magazine below.

Cover Photo LK Blakney // Back Cover Stephanie Lane Photography

 
Photography by LK Blakney



Both magazine and fashion show were great exposure for my brand, and I really can't wait for more collaborations like this in the new year!


Kayleigh

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! Thank you for writing this!! I LOVE the brown and gold kaftan!

    ReplyDelete